Singapore’ s third-largest supermarket chain Sheng Siong, operates more than 60 stores in the city-state. And Lim Hock Leng is the co-owner and managing director of this famous supermarket chain.
Lim, along with his two brothers Lim Hock Chee and Lim Hock Eng, has amassed a fortune of $1.2 billion. Together, they own a majority stake in the company according to Forbs.
The billionaire’s home is in the city-state which has a number of good class bungalows. These bungalows are reserved for the ultra-wealthy.
Ta.le Architects, a Singapore-based architecture firm designed the new bungalow and restored the colonial bungalow. According to the firm, modern additions were made in the house by designing a series of stepped terraces with green roofs at the back.
Around $22.4 million were spent by Lim to restore the colonial bungalow and to build a new modern bungalow. The construction was completed in 2018. He also spent about $26.2 million for the land.
That brings Lim’ s total investment in the property to nearly $50 million.
Look Inside the Mansion-
- The home has three courtyards. One features a grassy lawn which lies between the two bungalows.
- The other one separates the living room and the dining room of the modern bungalow. It brings light and air into the center of the house.
- On the lowest level of the home is the third courtyard. Here you’ll find the 98-foot swimming pool.
- This marvelous bungalow spreads across 33,700 square feet.
- While giving a tour of his home to the South China Morning Post, he told the publication that he shares the home with different generations of his family.
- Therefore, architects designed large bedrooms for the entire family.
- The bungalow’s formal dining area is so big that it can accommodate at least 15 people.
- The home also comprises of a spacious office, lavish marble bathrooms with a massive walk in closet.