Prince Harry is ready to make a comeback before the one-year anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II’s death. On September 1, the Duke of Sussex confirmed that he will appear for the annual WellChild Awards. The award will take place one day before the death anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The previous year Harry and her wife Meghan missed the show. However, Harry came to visit her Majesty after she fell ill. However, it wasn’t announced whether he will see his father, King Charles III, or his older brother, Prince William, during his UK visit.
Prince Harry confirmed the news in to Entertainment Tonight
The royal told the news website, “For nearly 20 years, WellChild has been transforming the lives of children and young people across the U.K., providing critical care that prioritizes the physical, mental and emotional well-being of these individuals and their families,” Harry tells ET in a statement. The courage and strength embodied by these young people — and the tireless devotion of those who support them — never cease to inspire me. I’m honored to attend this year’s awards ceremony and celebrate their incredible work.”
The prince and his wife Meghan missed last year’s show. However, the duchess will attend this year’s Invictus Games.
The spokesperson of the couple said, ” The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are delighted to be attending the Invictus Games 2023 in Düsseldorf. The Duke will be in attendance and will be joined by The Duchess at a later date. Together they will remain in Düsseldorf until the end of the games.”
However, it wasn’t revealed whether the 42-year-old former actress who shares two kids Archie, 4, and Lilibet, 2, will join her husband on his trip.