Prince Harry Withdraws the Lawsuit Against ‘Mail on Sunday’ Publisher

Date:

Share post:

Prince Harry reportedly is all set to withdraw a libel suit he had against the Mail on Sunday publisher. As per the sources of Daily Mail, the Duke of Sussex formally sued the publisher over an article about his publicly funded security arrangements in the United Kingdom after he and his wife Meghan Markle trekked down from senior royal duties. To learn the complete details keep reading.

Prince Harry has abandoned his case against the Mail on Sunday Publisher

As per the sources of Daily Mail, the 39-year-old royal is all set to discontinue “all of this claim” and is “abandoned his case.” The trial of this case is all set to take off between May 17 and July 31 before the withdrawal.

Prior to this news coming out the Duke who is currently residing in California with his wife Meghan Marke and children Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet Diana released a statement to BBC News. The statement reads,  “His focus remains there, and on the safety of his family, rather than these legal proceedings that give a continued platform to the Mail’s false claims all those years ago.”

The Prince is trying to keep his legal battle private. 

This isn’t the first time the Prince has been involved in a legal drama; previously his court battle with British tabloid Mirror Group has been the talk of the town. The Sussex royal even said the tabloid has created “a huge amount of paranoia” in his relationship.

Harry said in the testimonials on June 12 of last year, “Whenever I got into a relationship, they were very keen to report the details but would then, very quickly, seek to try and break it up by putting as much strain on it and creating as much distrust as humanly possible. I simply don’t understand (and never have) how the inner, private details of my relationships … could have anything to do with the well-being of society or the running of the country and therefore be in the public interest.”

The royal hasn’t stopped here, according to him the outlet has “affected every area” of his life.

The youngest son of King Charles and the late Princess Diana continued, “It created a huge amount of paranoia in my relationships. I would become immediately suspicious of anyone that was named in a story about me, whether it was [confidantes] Mark Dyer, Tiggy [Harry and his brother Prince William’s former nanny, Alexandra Shân “Tiggy” Pettifer] or her brother, Harry, for example.”

Also Read: Prince Harry Vrs Mirror Group Newspaper Case: The Royal talked about his ex and Father King Charles in Recent Court Statement

Ishita Gupta
Ishita Gupta
I'm Ms. Ishita Gupta, a professional content writer with an experience of more than two years. SEO and content creation are my specialties.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Yo Yo Honey Singh Famous: Here is what the rapper said about his documentary 

Rapper and music producer Yo Yo Honey Singh is currently the talk of the town as Netflix dropped...

Kota Factory Season 3 Teaser Released: Jeetu bhaiya is back in form 

The much awaited series Kota Factory’s season teaser is finally out now. Netflix shared the glips of the...

Ariana Grande Opens Up About Her ‘Heartbreak’ Songs on New Album

This Dangerous Woman can get heartbroken too. In an interview on The Zach Sang Show on the Amazon...

Rebecca Ferguson Shared The Moment She Got Extremely Proud For Standing Up For Herself 

Rebecca Ferguson opened up about the time she got proud of herself for her voice. During an appearance...