Tory Lanez is Still Unapologetic After 10-Year Sentencing in Megan Thee Stallion Shooting

Date:

Share post:

Tory Lanez is still unapologetic after being sentenced to 10 years for shooting Megan Thee Stallion. On August 8, the rapper was found guilty of shooting Megan Thee Stallion. On Thursday the rapper whose real name is Daystar Peterson took his  Instagram to address the injustice he has been in. Moreover, he said he was wrongly accused and revealed his plans to work on clearing his name.

Tory Lanez said he has always maintained my innocence

The Canadian rapper wrote in the statement, “I have never let a hard time intimidate me. I will never never let no jail time eliminate me. Regardless of how they try to spin my words, I have always maintained my innocence and I always will. This week in court, I took responsibility for all verbal and intimate moments that I shared with the parties involved… That’s it.”

“In no way shape or form was I apologizing for the charges I’m being wrongfully convicted of,” the 31-year-old added. “I remain on the stance that I refuse to apologize for something that I did not do.”

Moreover, he continues, “I’ve faced adversity my whole life and every time it looked like I would lose, I came out on top. This is nothing but another moment where my back is against the wall and I refuse to stop fighting till come out victorious. Tough times don’t last, tough people do.”

He captioned the post, “Through Good Times and Bad Times … Stay Strong … I’ll See You All Soon.”

The rapper has been behind the bars since December. 23, 2022, as a jury convicted him of first-degree assault, unregistered firearm in a vehicle, and discharge of a firearm with gross negligence and having a concealed.

Since then he had tried to maintain his innocence. As that time he said in the hearing that Megan is “someone I still care for dearly to this day.”

Moreover, he added they bonded since “We both lost our mothers. We would sit there and drink, and drink until we got numb.”

“As a celebrity I’ve made mistakes but your honor, I’m not standing in front of you as a celebrity but as someone asking for a chance,” Lanez said.

“A common misconception is that I have no remorse, which is not true,” he said. “Everything I did wrong that night I take full responsibility for. I will do better.”

Also Read: Joy Lenz Revealed ‘One Tree Hill’ Cast Tried to ‘Save and Rescue’ Her From Cult

Ishita Gupta
Ishita Gupta
I'm Ms. Ishita Gupta, a professional content writer with an experience of more than two years. SEO and content creation are my specialties.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related articles

Dhvani Bhanushali on Her Marvellous Performance at Goa 

Indian singer Dhvani Bhanushali, known for achieving success from a very young age, rocked the stage of Cashew...

Hansal Mehta’s ‘Scam 2010: The Subrata Roy Saga’ was officially announced on May 16: Sahara India released a statement against the series 

The third installment of Hansal Mehta's 'Scam’ series 'Scam 2010: The Subrata Roy Saga' is officially announced. The...

Bad Bunny and Kendall Jenner’s Relationship Relationship Status: The Pair Having Fun For Now, Source Says

Things aren't totally dried out between Bad Bunny and Kendall Jenner. The couple who broke up last December...

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are Having a downfall in their marriage: Source Says

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez have a few ups and downs in their marriage. The couple who tied...