The most infuriating thing for any girl would be frizzy hair and if they are curly too then you are in trouble.
No matter how much effort you put in to make your hair look perfect they come back to its original form soon enough.
What causes frizzy hair?
Your hair becomes frizzy when its hydration needs are not met constantly.
Hence, the cuticles – the outermost part of your hair shaft which is made up of dead cells that keep your hair healthy and protected – rise to let moisture in.
This causes hair to swell up and frizz.
Too much dehydration damages hair which eventually leaves your hair frizzy and lifeless.
Home remedies for Frizzy hair
# Almond Oil and Egg
- Combine both the things until you get a smooth mixture or you can whisk the egg and apply it, whatever you want.
- Apply it to your scalp and through the length of your hair.
- Wait for 40 minutes and wash. Try to use a shampoo without sulfates.
This hair mask is considered to be one of the best remedies for frizz. Here, the almond oil acts as an emollient while the egg repairs damage in the hair shaft.
# Avocado Mask
- Take a ripped avocado and remove its pit.
- Add yogurt to it and mash to get a smooth creamy paste.
- Apply it to your hair for 40-45 minutes and wash thoroughly.
It contains vitamins B and E which nourish the hair and repair damage. Yogurt cleans and deep conditions your hair.
# Coconut and Vitamin E
- Mix one part of Vitamin E oil and four parts of coconut oil and store it in a container.
- Apply some on your scalp as well as hair length and wash after 40 minutes.
This remedy will help prevent hair damage and deep condition your hair.
- Mash the banana and make sure there are no lumps.
- Add honey and any oil (almond, coconut) to form a smooth paste.
- Apply it for some time and wash with shampoo and conditioner.
This remedy is very good for hair that is extremely frizzy. Banana along with honey becomes a well-known humectant.
# Honey and Yogurt
- Mix 1 tablespoon honey with 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply it to your hair and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
Try it once a week to restore moisture and maintain your hair. Moreover, yogurt makes hair smoother and shinier.
Hacks for Frizzy hair
1. Good Haircut
2. Shampoo and Conditioner
3. Anti-Frizz Products
What to avoid?
- Avoid washing your hair with hot water. This will make your cuticles rise, making them frizzy.
- Use less heat styling tools. Heat damages your hair, and if they are already frizzy, it is best avoided.
- Do not use cotton pillowcase as they soak up moisture from your hair while you sleep. Instead, use satin pillow covers.
- Do not shampoo more than three times a week. Some shampoos contain sulfates that strip your hair of moisture.